Monday, January 12, 2009

Now where is my parka? - Updated

The weather forecast for the next several days according to WCCO.



OK, so we are in line for anywhere from 1 to 3 inches of snow today, and then it is going to get sort of chilly over the next few days. Some of high temperatures might still be below zero. You have to love any forecast that uses the words "painfully cold." Wow!

I did another 7 mile run on Sunday morning, which was quite pleasant. A crisp 11 degrees, but there was very little wind, so it felt great. We had received close to an inch of fluffy snow, and I created the first set of footprints on the trails for much of my route.

The rest of my Sunday was pretty much dedicated to TV. Playoff football, followed by the return of "24." I couldn't be more excited that Jack is back!

Actually, I am thinking there will be a lot of TV in my immediate future, since it will be too cold to do much outside (well, except for running, that is!).

Attempting to stay warm,

Jean

----------------

Just a quick update; my drive home from work was the worst commute of the season so far. I would estimate we have three inches of snow in my neighborhood. It has snowed most of the day, and the roads were icy and horrible. I counted six vehicles in the ditch in my short drive on the freeway. Ick!

I did go running after work, however. 14 degrees, snow, and the wind in starting to crank from the northwest (wind chill was -1). Kind of challenging running in the snow, but it was still quite satisfying.

Tonight, I watch the 2nd half of the "24" premiere while bracing for the cold tomorrow! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails