Friday, January 09, 2009

The weekend is here!

Thank...goodness...it's...Friday!

It was a very busy week at the office. I am actually quite excited and very thankful; I received a promotion at work! In fact, I completely switched departments from project management to quality assurance. The change should be nice, as I will get to work more with our internal staff as opposed to external customers, which is, as Martha Stewart might say, a good thing (at least for me it is!).

However, this also means I am trying to transition my old projects to others, all the while trying to wrap my brain around what I will be doing in my new role. It is kind of like doing two jobs at once right now. So, I am happy it is Friday! The weekend is here.

Today was a day off from running. I ran on Thursday instead because all the local TV weather people were calling for between 3-6 inches of snow today. Big swing and a miss! The snow moved drastically south, so we were spared. We barely got a dusting in my neighborhood, which is fine. I will get in some good runs over the weekend before the deep freeze settles in (it is going to get bitter cold again next week!)

Some belated food pictures...

This was a shrimp scampi over curried couscous that I made last week. I forgot I had a picture of this. It was both pretty and tasty.

Shrimp scampi with curried couscous



And, purple potatoes make darned good hash browns. :)

More fun with purple potatoes; hash browns and eggs over easy



Enjoy you weekend, everyone!

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails