Monday, February 02, 2009

A super Super Bowl

Today was a day off from running. In lieu of that, I have a couple of comments about last night's game:

-I noticed a huge difference between runners and football players. I know professional football players are generally considered to be "in shape." But when Harrison returned that 100 yard INT for a TD and then nearly needed to be carted off the field from exhaustion, I thought he needed to take up running! Don't get me wrong, the guy is put together and can probably bench press a house. I know I can't do that. But I also know I don't need oxygen after running 300 feet... :)

-What a 4th quarter! Lots of twists and turns, and the Pittsburgh drive at the end was pretty impressive. The amazing catch that Holmes made in the end zone was the stuff of legends. But nobody is really talking about the pass. If you look at the replay, there was only one of the three defenders that had a shot at it, but that was slim. Really, the only guy who could make the grab was Holmes. I hope for his sake his contract is up for renewal. What a bargaining chip! Anyhow, I got my wish; it was a good game with a great finish.

-Call me immature, but this is the Super Bowl commercial that made me laugh:



Oh, and last night's chili was pretty darned good as well!

Mmmmmm....chili!



Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails