Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A damn fine cup of coffee

It has been precipitating for a few days now.

Yesterday I went running when I got home from work in 45 degrees and a downpour. I actually met one other person on the trails; a lady walking her black lab. We both said hello and smiled at each other with that “Yeah, we are both idiots for being out in this weather” kind of grin. By the time I finished, my shoes were waterlogged (they still were not dry today) and I looked as if I had fallen into a lake. I even wrung about a quarter cup of water out of my running socks! I guess what I am trying to say is it was kind of damp.

This morning we got a slight dusting of snow in the grassy areas. On my run this afternoon, I was treated to a temperature of 32 with a very strong wind, giving us a nice wind chill of 21 (of course, I must remind you that on Sunday it was in the low 60’s). It is actually flurrying as I type this. Welcome to spring in Minnesota!

So my post from last week regarding the owl inspired me to track down something that was missing from my DVD collection; the second season of "Twin Peaks." Sure, I have the entire series on VHS, but who watches videocassettes anymore? (Heck, I don't even have a VCR hooked up anymore!)

I bought the first season on DVD when it was released in late 2001. It took until 2007 to release a DVD version of the remaining episodes from the second (and final) season. And for some reason, I didn't learn this until last week.

"Damn good coffee...and hot!"



The collection is complete. I am sensing a "Twin Peaks" marathon in the very near future.

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails