Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Winter storm running

Yours truly during my run in the snow this afternoon



Yesterday I did a 7 miler in 36 degrees and fog. It was a great run with almost no wind; a very comfortable day. I went a little longer than normal for a weekday run because I wasn't sure what today would bring.

Currently we are under a Winter Storm Warning. It hasn't been too bad in the Cities, but snow is picking up again as I type this. The brunt of the storm is west and north of here, so those parts of Minnesota are getting clobbered.

When I arrived home from work, there was only about an inch of snow on the ground. The temperature was around 30, light flurries were falling, and the afternoon was pretty decent, all things considered. So it was definitely nice enough to go running!

I put in my typical 5 miler, breaking trail in places, enjoying the sight of snow clinging to everything, and watching the cardinals and chickadees flying around and chirping. Even though the wind started to crank during my last half mile (the front was beginning to work its way through), I had a great time running during our Winter Storm Warning!

Here are a couple of photos from this afternoon:

Breaking trail; the only tracks you see on the trail belonged to me!



A winter wonderland in March



The predicted high temperature for tomorrow is 12 degrees with upwards of 30 MPH winds. I am relieved to know that spring is really only a few days away! :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails