Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fools fun, Minnesota style

Unrelated to anything, you have to love the Minnesota town of Ely. They have the best sense of humor and go all out for their April Fools Day pranks. Last year, they announced that they were selling the town to Canada. Check out this year's stunt; a bid to get the 2016 Olympic Summer Games!



I went running after work today. A very nice 5 1/2 mile run. 37 degrees, overcast, and slightly windy. The snow we received in the morning had already melted, so we sort of lucked out here in the metro. My folks, however, plowed themselves out from the 14 inches of snow they received yesterday up on the North Shore (no April fooling!). I am really hoping spring gets here soon!

One new bird to report today; a Cooper's hawk. I love these sleek, speedy hawks!

I must cut this short. Only 45 minutes until "Lost!" :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails