Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back on the horse, and heading up north

Following the Fargo Marathon, I took a couple of days off from running. On both Tuesday and today, I went for some nice, easy 5 milers. Everything is feeling great, I am recovering very well, and I am pleased with how I prepared. I am already looking forward to doing this again.

Of course, this means it is time to start planning for some more events this summer. I don't have many races on my calendar right now, so I need to rectify that soon! :)

Over the past week, the trees around here have begun to look amazing. The leaves appear to be getting fuller before our very eyes, and the flowering trees are all in full bloom. This is a gorgeous time of year.

Blossoms along the trail



The problem is that with the leaves getting so thick, it is becoming harder to spot the birds! Although I did locate a Baltimore oriole nest today during my run, and I even saw the mother climbing into it. So I will look forward to watching their progress this spring.

Tomorrow after work, I am leaving for the North Country once again. I'm heading up to the folks' place for a long weekend. The menus Mom and Dad are planning sound amazing, I will get to see my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew, and I am hoping some of the migrating birds follow me up there to make for some good bird watching.

Everyone have a fantastic weekend, good luck to those of you racing, and I will talk to you when I return on Monday!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails