Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Out of the freezer and into the frying pan

On Saturday up at my Mom and Dad's place, I ran in the morning when it was 33 degrees with snow flurries.

On Tuesday when I ran down here in the Cities, it was 93 degrees, windy, and just downright hot. How is that for a temperature swing in May? Now I know what it must be like for some of you California runners! :)

A view from a Sunday hike overlooking Lake Superior. Notice the lack of leaves on the trees and shrubs.



A view from my deck when I got home on Monday. It is hard to believe this is the same state!



No run today. It was a day off...and, it is 94 degrees right now, so that was a good enough of an excuse! Wow...the body is just not used to this!

By the way, my Dad captured the spring bird migration in photos better than I described it. Stop by and have a look. Tell him his favorite son sent you. ;-)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails