Sunday, May 10, 2009

Running far in Fargo

Finished! My 2009 Scheels Fargo Marathon medal.



I have returned from my weekend at the Scheels Fargo Marathon in Fargo, ND, and I had a blast.

It was a great weekend for running. The weather was fantastic (you will possibly think I am nuts when I explain later). I ran very well and set a new marathon PR of 4:04:12. I am very happy!

Aside from some minor stiffness in my legs (the good kind of stiffness, like after a really solid effort...not the "Oh my gosh, what the heck did I do yesterday?" kind of stiffness, which is bad!), so I am no worse for wear.

I also ate very well, and I have a few stories from the trip to and fro, as well as some from the race itself. Those will require separate posts, as I still need to go through my photos. Just wanted to post an update to let you know it was a most excellent weekend.

More to come! :)

2009 Fargo Marathon Index of Posts

Part 1 - The road trip to Fargo
Part 2 - 2009 Fargo Marathon Race Report

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails