Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cool clouds

We had some popcorn storms rumble through the metro this afternoon. It did not rain in my neighborhood, but I did get to see some impressive clouds.

Popcorn storms in the Twin Cities, looking to the east



You will notice my resident immature eagle is enjoying the sights of the weather event from the osprey platform!



Does anyone have the phone number for Jack Bauer? :)



It has been a fairly uneventful week of running. Three five milers over the last three days. I spotted several of the usual suspects; my resident eagle, indigo buntings, common yellowthroats, lots of ring-billed gulls over the lake, sedge wrens, song sparrows, cardinals, catbirds, cedar waxwings, eastern kingbirds, goldfinches, and of course, bunnies. I did see an honest to goodness gopher on yesterday's run, so that was new (I see far more chipmunks than gophers in these parts). Nice days, nice runs. Summer in Minnesota at its finest!

Unrelated to anything at all, I also saw a funny bumper sticker in the parking lot when I finished my run. It said "Peace, Love & Cocker Spaniels." I am not even a dog person, but who can argue with that? :)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails