Thursday, August 13, 2009

The things kids say

Over the weekend, I got to spend time with my nephew, who is now four months old. Since his birth, this has prompted Mom and Dad to dig out old photo albums and baby books, which has been a real hoot. Here is one of the photos Mom and Dad sent me:

My little brother Brett and me in 1973. Believe it or not, I still have my bunny!



My nephew's birth has also prompted many great kid stories, including one from my childhood.

Dad was reminiscing about the time they were building the garage back at the house on the lake. I was really young (too young to remember this, anyhow), just starting to learn how to talk and formulate sentences. Standing in the garage with Dad, I picked up a hammer. I held the hammer high in the air and loudly exclaimed:

"Son of a bitch!"

Clearly, I must have associated the hammer with some "construction lingo." :)

Incidentally, I was saying the same thing over the last two days; only it was related to running! Summer has finally arrived, and we have had temperatures around 90 with dew points in the mid to upper 60's. So not only is it hot, but it is also steamy, so it feels kind of like you are running in a sauna. I was sucking air! Needless to say, quite a shock to the system after spending the weekend running in the low 60's. Ugh! Good times.

Anyhow, here is hoping for some cooler temperatures on the horizon. Were it not for all the delicious summer produce we are enjoying at the moment, I am almost prepared to say I am ready for fall! ;-)

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails