Thursday, August 06, 2009

Weather notes, and heading north

Unrelated to anything, here are some fascinating tidbits of information about the weather in Embarrass, MN, which is consistently the coldest place in Minnesota. Just think, winter isn't that far away... :)

I am excited because I am heading out of town for a long weekend. Time to go up to the Shore to spend some time with Mom, Dad, and the rest of the family! I have not been up there since May, so I am really looking forward to it. Should be a great time. We will no doubt eat well, I can't wait to go running, take some hikes in the woods, and of course I will get to see my cool nephew who is growing like a weed. Full report to come next week.

Good luck to those of your racing, especially to Rick at the Headlands Hundred!

A couple of food photos to tide you over until I get back... :)

Sloppy Joes with chipotle sauce, topped with sharp cheddar cheese and homemade refrigerator sweet pickles!



Mexican "Lasagna"; beef and pinto beans layered between tortillas, with homemade salsa, sour cream, sharp cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese. The green sauce was a wild but tasty roasted serrano pepper salsa I whipped up. Spicy!



Have a great weekend, and I will speak to you next week!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails