Sunday, October 18, 2009

Des Moines Marathon Verification Testing Results

Picking up where I left off on the validation plan, I need to finish off my testing results:

VERIFICATION TESTING RESULTS:

Using the downtown Des Moines testing environment:

1. Chose proper attire based on Sunday morning weather, suiting up in shorts, long sleeved top, and a light top over that. Gloves also came in handy for the 37 degrees at the start
2. Tied shoes, ensured laces are tight - additional regression testing included ensuring timing chip was properly affixed
3. Applied liberal amounts of anti-chafing stick
4. Carried enough gels in waist pack
5. Lined up at 8:00 AM in downtown Des Moines on Sunday, October 18
6. Ran, ran, ran, managing race well and actually had a strong finish
7. Finished the 2009 Des Moines Marathon in 4:07:26

Testing PASSED. Marking as VERIFIED. :)



Thanks to all for your well wishes and kind remarks leading up to the event. I really appreciated it. I will be posting more details soon (without the techno-babble!). Bbut in short, I had a really good race. It was not my fastest marathon, but it was my best one in terms of management, pacing, and finishing strong.

More to come....now if you will excuse me, I am off to my recliner with a cold beverage! ;-)

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails