Saturday, October 31, 2009

The last of fall

So I was at the dentist yesterday to have a cavity filled. First one in 5 years. Strange enough, it was on the back of one of my front upper teeth, which you would think is about the easiest place to keep clean. I am blaming my energy gels and Clif Shot Bloks! :)

We are starting to see the last signs of fall around my area. The leaves are way past their peak brilliance, and many leaves have already fallen. These pictures were taken on my Wednesday run. The rain and wind over the last couple of days have taken most everything down. It is starting to look like November!

The forest floor along the trail



Yellow leaves, still hanging in there as of Wednesday



This Saturday, I was supposed to do a short cross country race, however it was canceled a couple of days ago apparently due to some logistical issues. So I did a 10 mile run this morning instead. It was 37 and overcast with a fairly stiff west wind. That being said, I had an excellent run and felt very speedy.

Good luck to my blog readers who are running in the Monster Dash and Surf the Murph. I probably should have come out to cheer people on since my race plans got bagged. However, this is the first weekend in the last three that I have been home, so I have a few cooking projects going on in the kitchen! More to come...

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails