Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey Run 2009

What better way to kick off a week long vacation than with a nice little 5k! Last Sunday, I participated in the Turkey Run over in St. Paul. This is my 5th consecutive running of this event, so it has become something of a tradition.

A shot of Lake Como. The race runs all the way around this. In years past, the lake has been frozen over.



Yours truly, ready to do the Turkey Run!



I don't have too much to say about this race that I haven't said before. I will say that the weather was unseasonably warm - 50 and overcast! This is the first time I have ever done the Turkey Run in shorts! A nice change of pace, considering I remember a crisp 19 degree day a few years ago.

I pretty much ran my typical Turkey Run. I've raced on this exact same course for five Turkey Runs and a couple of other events that used the same route. It is extremely flat and fast, and I usually finish in the high 21 minute to low 22 minute range. I finished this year in 22:26 (results here), making this my slowest showing on this course. However, I had to stop during the race to untangle a shoelace and tie my shoe! That cost me precious seconds. Amazingly enough, nobody passed me during my pit stop, and I cruised the rest of the way home.

It was a great race and lots of fun, as it always is. And it wraps up my 2009 racing season. Time to set some new goals and figure out where I want to race and what I want to do!

With that, I raced home, showered up, and headed to Mom and Dad's for a week on the North Shore. A mega-huge Thanksgiving blog post will no doubt be coming soon.

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving weekend!

Gobble, gobble...

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails