Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lit up

The overhead lights in my kitchen burned out yesterday right after I got done making my pizza for dinner. I am not the handiest guy in the world, but I successfully removed the light fixture cover without everything crashing down. Both of the bulbs were shot. They were those really long, 48-inch "T8" bulbs, which I have never purchased or installed before, and they have prongs instead of threading.

After figuring out the confusing method of turning the bulbs just right so the prongs align with a notch (I felt a little like Nicolas Cage trying to access a secret passage in "National Treasure"), I successfully removed the bulbs. Not wanting to cook in darkness today, I found my way over to Home Depot this morning and located the bulbs I needed. I returned home, unwrapped the bulbs, got the prongs aligned correctly, turned the bulbs just so, flipped the switch, and presto...let there be light! I even got the cover back onto the light fixture successfully.

So how many running/cooking enthusiasts does it take to change a light bulb? Just one, baby.

It was a day off from running, however, so I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. I finished making my chipotle pepper beef jerky on the dehydrator today (tasty and spicy!). And, I made meat loaf with a chipotle-ketchup glaze, fire roasted tomato sauce, and homemade smoked cheddar macaroni and cheese. I was happy to have light so I could see what I was doing! :)

Sunday comfort food on a December day in Minnesota



Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails