Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday run

I ran 11 miles this morning. The temperature was around 7 degrees with a wind chill of -2. Actually, it felt a lot nicer than it did a couple of days earlier this week! It wasn't a very speedy run, as it is kind of tough to run when you are so bundled up. But it was pleasant out there, and I never felt cold.

I only encountered one other runner, and two walkers during my entire journey. This is the time of year when people start to hibernate, so thus begins the season of having the trails mostly to myself!

In nature notes, I saw two red foxes in different locations out on the ice of my local lake. They are the most beautiful creatures. One of the foxes had procured himself some gray squirrel for breakfast, and was strutting proudly across the ice with his snack. Always fun to see the foxes.

Unexpectedly, the temperature got into the upper 20's today, so the road salt finally started to kick in on some of the snow-packed side streets, turning them into a sloppy, slushy mess. I am happy that some of my local roads are finally clearing off after Wednesday's storm! ;-)

Tonight's dinner was a Thai chicken and lemongrass stir-fry with rice stick noodles. I used lots of lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and a ton of red chile flakes and chile-garlic sauce. It was delicious and spicy. In fact, my nose is still running from the heat as I type this. Yeehaw!

Spicy stir-fry on a Saturday night



Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails