Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A Winter Storm Warning run

Last week on Tuesday I was running in 44 degrees. Today it was 18 degrees, a wind chill of 4, and the first official Winter Storm Warning of the season. What a difference a week makes!

Not too much snow during the run, but 4 to 7 inches is on the way tonight!



The drive home was not much fun. There was perhaps only an inch of snow, but the intersections were horrible, and it was slow going.

I went for a 5 mile run when I got home. Not very much accumulation at this point, but the trails were coated, and the wind is starting to pick up. The snow was very fine and it was stinging my face! The weather gurus are calling for 4 to 7 inches in my neighborhood, with much more to the south and east, along with possible blizzard conditions. Wow, it isn't even winter yet, but we are starting it off with a bang!

I saw both my eagles, a few deer, and strangely enough, more runners today than I saw in the previous two days (including the speedy dude I occasionally meet who runs in his winter coat and blue jeans...he must have been cold today!). In any case, it was fun to run in the elements, but it felt good to get back inside, and it could be an interesting storm tonight.

Now if you'll excuse me, it is time to sit in front of the fireplace and watch the "Charlie Brown Christmas Special!" ;-) What a perfect night for it!



Staying warm,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails