Monday, January 25, 2010

Nowhere to run to

With the temperature dropping rapidly to around 20 degrees this afternoon, the trails that were slushy yesterday have now frozen solid. It would have been smart to plow off the trails yesterday when everything was melting, but that didn't happen. This means everything is all rutted up once again from all of us who were stomping through the slush.

Adding to the misery, most of the sidewalks are sheets of ice from the weekend thaw. Not even the inch or so of snow we got today did anything to cover them us because the 30+ MPH wind gusts blew the snow right off. It is just terrible running right now. And temperatures are supposed to dip into the below zero range later this week, so this stuff is here to stay for awhile.

I love winter running, but this absolutely sucks. I ran possibly my slowest 5 miles ever. There are no good places to run outside right now. And I am going to be bitching and moaning about this for some time now, just to forewarn you.

A grilled cheese sandwich with oven-roasted tomatoes and my super porchetta bacon cheered me up a little, but I am still kind of pissed off about the running conditions... ;)

Cheesy, bacony, tomatoey goodness



Declaring myself ready for spring,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails