Saturday, February 27, 2010

14 at 13

I ran early this morning. 14 miles at a balmy 13 degrees. It was rather crisp to start, but after a beautiful sunrise, things warmed slightly to all of 19 by the time I finished.

The run was decent. I am still trying to shake off some of the winter rust. This was my longest run since last October at least, so I am slowly trying to build up the miles again.

As noted, the sun was shining brightly this morning, and the birds responded in kind. Chickadees and cardinals were happily singing. The nasal sound of the white-breasted nuthatch echoed in the woods. And I stopped for a minute or so to watch a red-bellied woodpecker working away on a tree. Nice morning.

Now, back to the Olympics, as well as some cooking. There will be a food-related post if what I am working on turns out!

Until next time,

Jean
Related Posts with Thumbnails