Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Will run for chocolate

I didn't run yesterday. So I baked brownies instead. :)

They were a huge hit at the office today, and our receptionist insisted I give her the recipe (which can be found here). They turned out really nice - rich and chocolatey, but with a somewhat fluffy, velvety texture. The only deviation from the original recipe is that instead of the 4 egg whites, I used 2 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites. For chocolate, I used Ghirardelli cocoa powder, and Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate bars with 70% cacao. The brownies tasted great along side of some caramel macchiato-flavored ice cream last night for desert.

Ice cream and brownies...mmmmm!



To burn off some of the chocolately calories, I did go running today! And what a day it was. Sunny, temps in the mid 30's, and freshly plowed trails. There was a decent breeze, but it was hard to complain. I put in a brisk 5 miles and enjoyed my run immensely.

Now if you will excuse me, there are some leftover brownies on my counter with my name on them (you didn't think I was going to bring all of them to share at work, did you?!?).
Related Posts with Thumbnails